But what is actually wellness?
To understand the significance of wellness, it’s important to understand how it's linked to health.
The Global Wellness Institute defines wellness as the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health.
For some people wellness only includes mental health or having healthy habits but for us it's more than just an area or physical health.
What are the main areas that our wellness program includes?
- Physical: Caring for your body and physical health, by recognizing your body’s needs for exercise and activity, restful sleep, and good nutrition. This also includes managing health conditions or illness, and seeking medical care when required.
- Mental: Engaging the world through learning, problem-solving, creativity, meditation and mindfulness.
- Emotional: Being aware of, accepting and expressing our feelings, and understanding the feelings of others.
- Finances: Being aware and having control of your regular expenses, working to meet financial goals, budget, investments, and manage debts, Finances can be a major source of stress, so establishing some form of financial wellness allows us to enjoy life with more freedom.
- Social: Connecting and engaging with others and our communities in meaningful ways such as social responsibility programs and activities.
The importance of having these sessions with psychologists, doctors, and financial advisors is not only to educate and train our people, but also to create a space where they can trust and learn from each other.
As a company we always focus on the well-being and satisfaction of our employees in every way, even when there are problems that are not directly related to their work but to their physical and mental health.
The importance of these sessions goes beyond just a meeting. It is also taking action and doing something that adds value to create a workspace where they can take care of their lifestyles.
Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind and spirit, the realization that everything we do, think, feel and believe has an effect on our state of well-being.
Wellness is a process, a choice and a way of life,
Learn more about wellness in our sessions every month.